As a millennial mama I refuse to give up my love of Disney. I grew up wanting to be a princess and still find joy in visiting Disneyland, even without my children. I love all things magical and as a mother I truly appreciate how friendly Disney staff members always are.
When the girls and I had the opportunity to go to Hawaii and check out the Disney Aulani resort we didn’t hesitate. We actually started planning our outfits immediately.
We sang Moana songs as we flew over the sea and landed on the island of Oahu. We had a short ride to Ko Olina to the Disney Aulani Resort and Spa. Having been to Hawaii serveral times with the girls I am so excited to share with you my reasons why you have to visit!
1. The Resort- Disney Aulani immerses you from the moment you enter into the beauty and magistic feeling of the Hawaiian Islands. From the paintings on the walls to designs on the floor, it has a true cultural feel with just a touch of pixy dust. The kids can hunt for the mischievous Manahune statues around the resort while you chat with the smiling staff members who love telling you all about the Hawaiian culture. The courteous staff, that are available around every corner to answer your questions, certainly make the stress of traveling a little easier.
2. Aunty’s Beach House- While vacationing as a family sometimes a little adult “alone time” is a must. Disney Aulani has the most magical place called Aunties Beach House. It is a 5,200 square foot kids club of games, movies, playgrounds, crafts and dress up. They will supervise your children between the hours of 9 and 9pm daily. I practically had to drag the girls out, (after my Spa experience of course.)
3. The Spa – Disney Aulani houses Disneys first spa, Lanawai. You can choose from dozens of indulgent treatments and immerse yourself in the very best Laniwai has to offer. I spent my time enjoying a massage, the Cinderella Facial and a pedicure while my kids were partying away happily at the kids club. I didn’t feel like I had a care in the world while I was there, which is rare for a mama!
4. The Food- From room serivice to the buffets ever thing we ate was truly delicious and beautiful. I loved my breakfast in bed our first morning, looking out our balcony over the ocean. For a little more action you can enjoy a character breakfast at Makahiki Buffet while sipping a mimosa and eating your Mickey waffle while the kids dance the morning away with their favorite Disney characters. Disney Aulani even has a Ocean side restaurant that is perfect for an adult only (or family night out)
5. The Pools- With lifeguards around every corner, you can sit back with your pina colada at poolside and enjoy your kids floating around. You can fly down water slides, float down lazy rivers or lounge in the multiple pools around the resort. One of the coolest experiences there has to be the Rainbow Reef where you can swim with favorite rainbow colored fishes!
If you are looking for the perfect Hawaiian Getaway that is perfect for all ages then this is definitely the spot for your next family trip!
safe travels- Erin Ziering
For more travel from the Millennial Mamas check out –Iceland!