On August 5th, the usual red carpet for a world premiere was replaced with grass and a red fire hydrant in honor of LD Entertainment’s newest film, Dog Days. If you are a dog lover, this is the ultimate movie for you and your family.
So what is Dog Day’s about?
Some fun facts you wouldn’t know about Dog Days:
- All the dogs were cast before people
- Although the actors have such great synergy as a whole, they filmed in their own stories for the most part
- Ken Marino, the director, was the main reason the cast took the script and then fell in love with the movie
- The director loves movies that he can have input from his kids, therefore family friendly films are in his wheelhouse. This movie was a larger family affair since his wife was one of the main writers and his son had a few lines in the movie
- Vanessa Hudgens in real life has a very special relationship with her rescue pup, Darla, because when she first met her she wouldn’t even let her touch her because she was abused
- Nina Dobrev has a insta-famous rescue… Mrs. Maverick who cameos in the movie
I think every person who sees this movie will walk out as a more compassionate human. I love that this movie reminds you about what is important in life and that dogs truly make our world a better place with their unconditional love. They truly are man/woman’s best friend.
I haven’t this excited to watch a movie for the third time in a week in a long time!
We give this movie 2 paws up. Out in theaters August 8th!