Make Your Own Emoji Wine Charms for your next Mom’s night in!
Make drink mix ups a thing of the past with these fun DIY Emoji Wine Charms! These easy wine charms add some flare to any party and some personality to everyone’s drink!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page but the price is the same for you!
Hey friends, Moms, and otherwise awesome people! I’m Chelsea from the blog Do It Your Freaking Self and I’m super stoked to be here today sharing these fun DIY Emoji Wine Charms. I know you probably don’t have a lot of time to get creative… what between raising kiddos and being your awesome self… so I wanted to share something that is pretty simple and also really useful.
We all have that favorite emoji that we use for EVERYTHING. Me? I prefer the Unicorn Emoji followed by the poop emoji. Why? They’re fun and fun doesn’t need a reason. Let’s be honest ladies, when is the last time you had a glass of wine in your jammies surrounded by friends? It’s been a while right? Of course it has. So grab your poop emoji, some shrink paper and some other fun goodies and let’s get started.
I’m kinda in love with these too because you can make wine charm sets for all of your besties or just one each (because we doesn’t have at least one person saved as an emoji in their phone) or as gift sets for the great people in your life!
DIY Emoji Wine Charms
Ready to get started?
1. Print out this handy dandy template (it makes 6 of the best designs ever!) – Scale to fit paper in printer settings please![TEMPLATE]
2. On the rough side of the shrink paper, trace the Emoji designs in permanent marker
3. Color them in! Use your imagination or follow the colors on your phone. I personally loved the Unicorn Emoji because I got to experiment with blending the colors! For any white spots, use a white colored pencil.[PHOTO 2]
4. Trace back over any lines that got messy.
5. Cut out each design with about 1/4″ border. I like to leave a little hump on the top of each as a place to punch a hole.
6. Speaking of which! Punch a hole near the top of each design. You’ll want to do this now because it is near impossible to do after these suckers have been cooked.
Drink some wine because you’re going to be cooking things and you’re officially away from sharp objects. Congrats!
8. Cook your designs as directed. I cooked mine in the toaster oven at 275 for 1-2 minutes. I like using the toaster oven because I can see watch for the plastic to set. You’ll notice that the Emoji Wine Charms will curl. That’s okay. Just leave them in the toaster oven until the edges of each charm lay flat.
9. Allow each piece of plastic to cool. (About 5 minutes) then paint the rough side of each charm with mod-podge to seal everything in.
10. Attach jump rings to each loop. String on your seed beads of choice. I put 4 on the loop then the jump ring/emoji, and another 4 to finish off!
11. Guess what? You made something! And they’re pretty darn cute! Play around with colors and designs to your heart’s content.