Meet Jenny Rose a.k.a. Princess Turned Mom! She is one of our favorite West Coast Mamas that we would love for you to get to know!
1) What does being a Millennial Mama mean to you? To me, being a Millennial Mama encompasses many different avenues. Yes, I was born between the years of 1980-2000 (1983 to be exact, I’m not afraid to tell my age), but it is not just about the year I was born that makes me a millennial mom. Being a mom in this day and age is complicated, sometimes overwhelming at times. I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie and I often think how simple life would have been back in those days. But I also know I might not have survived either. Although it can be crazy with so much access to everything at just the tips of our fingers, I also love that I can just run to Target or have Amazon Prime deliver to my doorstep within hours. As a millennial Mom I want to make sure that even though I am raising my children in a society where “everyone gets a trophy” that I am still teaching the importance of how to be a good sport even when we loose. I try to instill values of faith, love, kindness, hope, patience and perseverance in our children. I love that as a Millennial Mom we can speak our minds, share our passions, raise our children and have a career. There is no mountain too great, no river too wide for us to conquer. If you are able to find some balance I think it just may be the most inspiring time to be a mom.
2) What inspired you to create your own business? I have always been a creative person, but up untill I had kids my creativity had always been on a stage. I was a dancer/singer/actress my entire life, then when I had kids my goals and aspirations changed. I wanted to be home with them, but I still craved to have something outside of motherhood to call my own. A friend had suggested I start a blog since I was always sharing crafty ideas, decorating projects and even funny motherhood stories. I knew nothing about blogging or the social media world, but as soon as I began I was hooked. I realized writing allowed me to be creative while still being at home with my children.
3) Describe balance in your life? Balance. Such a tricky word. One day I feel like I conquered the world; aka I got the grocery shopping done, the laundry folded, dinner cooked and I finished a blog post. Other days I feel swamped in toys, texts, emails, and whining children. It is so hard to find balance, but I have a very strong faith that always preservers. I find that when I can start my day with a devotional and some prayer time the rest of the day doesn’t seem to be so daunting. It’s all about priorities; you make time for what you want to make time for. I always try to put my faith first, family second and everything else comes in after that, which sometimes means I am up till 1am writing, but I do it because I love it.
4) We think that you are the epitome of modern motherhood. What does modern motherhood look like to you? Modern Motherhood is not so far off from what our mother’s did for us, the only difference is we have more things trying to distract us from our main job. My mom didn’t have social media (in fact she still doesn’t do social media and I can totally respect that). They didn’t have cell phones, email, netflix. As a modern mom we have to work really hard to make sure we remember the values our parents taught us but also add a bit of flair to it. For example, my parents never owned a good camera growing up so we don’t have a lot of pictures from when we were younger. Now, as a modern mom, I think I must take hundreds of pictures every month of our children. It might be overboard, but I have yet to have any regrets about taking the amount of pictures that we do on a regular basis.
5) What apps can you not live without? Apps I can’t live without…well, I do have some favorites. Of course I do love social media so Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube are some of my favorite. But I also couldn’t live without Pandora, Shazam, Disney Junior and Google Photos. Those are probably my top 8 apps on my phone that I use daily.
I am currently about to launch my very first line of shirts that are going to make their debut on my website very soon. It has been a very long process, over 6 months of working with a designer, but I am super excited and proud of the final product. So stay tuned on my site and social media for my first launch!