Safe Summer Fun: Great Wolf Lodge Shares Family-Focused Water Safety Tips
This post was brought to you by Great Wolf Lodge. We were not paid for this post and just wanted to share this awesome info mamas *
- Never swim alone. Always use the buddy system and be sure the area is well supervised by lifeguards before you or other family members enter the water.
- Encourage your child to wear a life jacket. Many public pools and water parks provide life jackets for your use free of charge and it’s better to be on the safe side if your child is not a confident swimmer.
- Never assume someone else is watching your child. Even with lifeguards nearby, you have the responsibility for your child. The best way to keep your child safe is to play right alongside them.
- Stay hydrated. Swimming and playing takes a lot of energy, especially during the hot summer months. Drink plenty of water or sports drinks and rest in a cool location.
- Forget the Bling. Before heading to the beach, pool or water park, avoid swimsuits that have ties, grommets or decorations that could get caught on something during water activities.
- Skip the flip-flops. Look for sandals with a heel strap or a full-coverage slip-on water shoe that will stay in place both in and out of the water.
- Too much sun is no fun. Be sure to limit your exposure during peak hours of 12pm-3pm and reapply waterproof/sweat proof sunscreen every 80 minutes.
- Take a CPR course. Knowing these skills can be important in any environment. This is a skill we all can benefit from – on land and around water.
- Read all of the signs before going on a waterslide, pool or attraction. Make sure your child meets the posted requirements. If you have questions about an attraction, ask an employee at the facility.
- Plan ahead. As a family, decide on a meeting place to go to if anyone gets separated. Kids can take off in instant and crowded parks and beaches can make it difficult for little ones to find you. Choose an easy-to-spot location that can be easily found by all family members.
- If you see someone struggling in the water, call for help. Remember “Reach or Throw, Don’t Go!” Even professionally trained lifeguards don’t enter the water without having the proper flotation devices to keep themselves safe.
Great Wolf Lodge is a world-class family resort with spacious, family-friendly suites and a wealth of both wet and dry attractions for every age. The centerpiece of any Great Wolf Lodge is the indoor water park, featuring water-filled fun for every member of the family, from thrilling water slides and rollicking family raft rides to relaxing lazy rivers and bouncing wave pools. The water parks also feature zero depth toddler pools with age appropriate slides and water features for younger guests. With each overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge guests receive two days of play in the water park, having access to the water park until the park closes on the day they check-out.
In addition to the water park, Great Wolf Lodge offers a variety of family-friendly attractions and activities including MagiQuest, an exclusive interactive game where guests use a magic wand to collect relics and runes needed to defeat goblins and dragons.
For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit greatwolf.com.
About Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.
Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. is North America’s largest family of indoor waterpark resorts, and through its subsidiaries and affiliates, owns and operates family resorts under the Great Wolf Lodge brand. Great Wolf Resorts is a fully integrated resort company with Great Wolf Lodge locations in: Wisconsin Dells, Wis.; Sandusky, Ohio; Traverse City, Mich.; Kansas City, Kan.; Williamsburg, Va.; Pocono Mountains, Pa.; Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada; Mason, Ohio; Grapevine, Texas; Grand Mound, Wash.; Fitchburg, Mass., Charlotte, N.C.; Garden Grove, Calif.; Colorado Springs, Colo.; and Bloomington, Minn. Additional resorts planned include LaGrange, Ga. (May 2018), Gurnee, Ill. (July 2018) and Scottsdale, Az. (late 2019).
For more information about The Millennial Mamas at Great Wolf Lodge check out- Great Wolf Lodge- The Perfect Mommy and Me Getaway or Great Wolf Lodge- 5 Must Dos