It’s that time of year when holiday music can be heard everywhere, there is a cool crisp in the air and we are all planning for the holidays. Disneyland and California Adventure Park are doing just the same except they are so ready for the holidays already. The Millennial Mamas got a sneak peak into Festival of Holidays, here are some of our must dos for visiting Disneyland during the holidays:
- Meeting Santa and his elves down in Critter Country in California Adventure in the Redwood Creek Challenge
- Cars Land is fully decked out for that perfect photo op
- The Haunted Mansion is taken over by Jack Skellington for a very eerie Christmas
- “Believe in Holiday Magic” fireworks…which truly are magical!
- Disney Viva Navidad street parade (a family fave!). We can’t even help dancing and singing along
- Small World (always a family favorite)
- Sleeping Beauty’s Castle is so incredibly romantic and beautiful. It is one of our favorite spots to get a family photo
- Pro Tip: Take a photo on the side on the benches shooting from the far right or left of the bench depending on what side you are one so that it gives you a clean photo without crowds of people
One of our FAVORITE parts of Festival of Holidays is the food. We love that there is food from all over the world but we really love that the desserts are SO cute and festive. During our media sneak peek of everything we made gingerbread funnel cake fries complete with caramel and icing with a Disneyland pastry chef. So cool and so delish! Everything has a festive touch from the doughnuts to the churros to the candied apples and more!
Fun Fact: All the holidays bows you see on Main Street in Disneyland are all handmade and infused with lots of pixi dust. Each bow uses 9 feet of wire edged ribbon which makes them so full and beautiful
We are headed back to Disneyland this weekend and will be sure to have more tips and suggestions for some holiday fun at the parks!