Are you looking for the perfect California Beach Vacation? I have found the perfect spot. Newport Beach! It is a beautiful town with the perfect mix of luxury and small town vibes. Newport Beach is a seaside town in Orange County, California. Beach-goers have been flocking to Newport Beach since 1905 and I can certainly see why. It has the perfect balance of fun with a family friendly environment. Ranked among the “Top 10 Resort Towns in the U.S”., we indulged in top-notch activities throughout the destination of Newport Beach — here’s our picks for planning your perfect trip!
- Plan your stay at the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, resort accommodations with bay views – situatuated on 26 beautifully landscaped acres, immerse yourself in the true resort experience with stunning views, three swimming pools, a unique restaurant concept and luxury accommodations.
- Enjoy a scenic Duffy cruise and scavenger hunt around the Newport Harbor followed by Playtime at the Balboa Fun Zone – The Balboa Fun Zone, located on Balboa Peninsula across from Balboa Pier off Balboa Blvd., is one of Southern California’s oldest and last great coastal amusement areas and a popular family-friendly attraction for visitors to Newport Beach. We enjoyed rides on the waterfront Ferris wheel, played games in the arcade and checked out the Discovery Cube’s Ocean Quest.
- Go and shop until you drop at the Luxurious Fashion Island- Experience premier coastal shopping and dining at Newport Beach’s scenic Fashion Island. We kept the kids busy with a trolley ride around the beautiful open-air center, stop at the koi pond (which holds 20,000 gallons of water and nearly 75 fish!), and shop at Engine Ear Toys! We finished off our day with lunch at Lemonade!
- Our final night we explored Crystal Cove State Park, it’s beaches, tidepooling and nature. Mia ran through the waves while Penna searched for shells in the tide pool. After our beach adventure we went to dinner at the Beachcomber where we enjoyed dinner by the fire pit followed by smores! It was the perfect ending to an amazing trip.
- Before hitting the road for your trip home take a quick stop at the Marina Park! From its sleek architecture to ample play-space, Marina Park is an exciting and fun community center to enjoy with friends and family. Come to this stop dressed in play / swim attire and beach gear, as it’s located steps from the harbor and a short stroll to the ocean waves. Explore the community and sailing center of Marina Park, complete with a new-age nautical-themed playground, sandy beaches, widespread grassy fields and more. You can grab a beautiful breakfast or lunch right there at the Lighthouse Cafe and be sure to order my favorite, the avocado toast! It is delicious and the kids were exhausted and ready for the trip home!
We hope you enjoyed a peek into our trip to Newport Beach
for more getaways with the Millennial Mamas check out Disney Aulani- and why you have to go!