One of our favorite events every Fall is Mattel’s Party on the Pier (POP) that happens on the Santa Monica Pier. As mamas, we know the importance and value that each and every children’s hospital has in its respective community and Mattel’s UCLA Children’s Hospital is no exception. As a UCLA alum and former volunteer at this hospital, I know first hand how much goodness they spread into the community. I love that Party on the Pier helps to provide unrestricted funding for UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital . Some of the programs that have been supported by Mattel POP are Chase Child Life specialist education; intestinal rehabilitation for pediatric surgery patients; support for pediatric sarcoma and leukemia programs in the Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology; and Pediatric Global Scholars Program, which funds third-year pediatric residents who train globally. Wow!
So now that you know what Mattel’s Party on the Pier helps to do at the children’s hospital, it is also an incredibly fun FUNdraiser. The Blue carpet is always filled with awesome celebs and this year was no exception.
Once you get past the amazing celebrity carpet, here is what you get to experience inside at Party on the Pier:
- Carnival Games* Filled with Fabulous Mattel Toys (I mean seriously fabulous like awesome Hot Wheels courses, Barbies, Board Games…it feels like Christmas came early)
- Celebrity Selfies and Celebrities helping with the carnival games
- Meal Vouchers and Carnival Treats Included
- Power of Play Kids Activity Tent with Creative Crafts and Activities…sugar cookie decorating, glitter tattoos, special performances by the Beat Buds and more
- VIP Tent Access for Sponsors with Lunch Provided by Wolfgang Puck Catering
- Unlimited Access to Rides…when does this every happen on the Santa Monica Pier
- UCLA People-Animal Connection Therapy Dogs
For more information, check out www.partyonthepier.ucla.edu/